Skip to main content

All You Need is Therapy, she said

Rattlesnakes


Two years in therapy. I structured it so that I could sell the asset when I needed to or was "done".
I tried to run it as a business, and that is very hard to do.
The end result is that I am better now, 11 years after the last surgery, even with the utterly demoralizing false alarm. We all know where that came from.


The Manuscript is ready. By ready I mean it is as close to finished as I can get it without Legal Advice. I have let one person have the book so far, and he hasn't looked at it yet. In any case.... The purpose of this post, the first in 2016 is to set the base line.  97,000 words. ok 97,353.  I just worry about putting it out there and losing control of it.
I really am trying to keep it under 100k, just like the New York Publishers have splashed all over their blogs. (Thank you by the way, really appreciate the effort and instruction)

http://www.zshliterary.com/nan-thornton.html
http://behlerblog.com/

The Goddess Media shall receive Her offering. Before I go self publishing all this never before in digital format Material, I will send my Book Synopsis and see what happens.   Otherwise I self Publish and turn on the Social Media Machine.

I have been and will be compiling the sound track to the book over the next few months, something I started back in the Tree House Apartment when I realized he was mixing the sound. As usual our chapters never lined up, except on Angeles Crest and that one time out there in that Desert Cold.

It's my story. It's my sound track. I am well aware who I "left out", don't you worry.  I got it loud and clear. I have a reply - that is not in this blog. But I digress.



As I struggle the next few weeks over this whole thing, I am pulling together the visuals for some of the more interesting parts of the book. Scenes from this movie or that one, song lyrics or a line from a series. The point is, a Lived Experience is multi-dimensional, and having the audio, the visual and the prose weaved together gives a better experience.

So back to Giving it Away. I am quite clear on the purpose of the Book Proposal, that part is a slam dunk for me. The Project Manager in me is very adept at that sort of thing.  It is the Book Synopsis that is blocked. I try to get the key points, cover the important key words but... It seems so heavy. There is no way to sum up a lifetime of Stage IV Endometriosis and make it palatable.
Also, sending this out now will be the first time all of my blogs rants forum posts and online identities will be placed in a timeline. More importantly, most of my story unfolded at a time when "the Internet" was a Military tool hosted by the Universities. There is no digital record of my experience before 1999. As of 2009, the First Generation of the Internet was purged, so the remnants of my Online Identity from 1994 - 2004, and my Military Medical Experience will be brought to the digital realm for the first time in nearly 30 years.  How to sum all that up in a few paragraphs is daunting.

Right now I am not copy righted. Once I hit send via gmail, it's out there and ready to be stolen, repurposed and served back to me in articles, screenplays, lyrics and opinion pieces. That is the other block I have with the Synopsis.  The reason the book is titled Of Men and Maladies, is because of the Men I was involved with over my lifetime. Some never knew I Was in the Military. Some never knew I was sick. Each of the Men had and have a completely different perception of who I am, and yet not a single one of them have the full and true story.

Even down to the original, The Audio Thief, not even he knows the full and true story. Not then, and certainly not now.  He did a wonderful job in telling our Story. From his point of view. With his facts. It is not lost on me the magnitude of his ability to broadcast the Tragic Love Story, which brings me back to the copy right.  Again, this is my story. You've already heard his.

The audio and visual is probably the most important piece to bring together into the timeline. As of this writing, I only have small place markers to insert here or there. Songs correlating to dates and experiences. Movies that we saw together. Those types of media.  The point is, each Man influences the audio/visual environment, and brings with him another offering to the Story. I have never revealed the identity of the Men that appear in the Memoir, with the exception of 2.  When a 3rd was outed in 2009, I realized I have to publish names otherwise it will become a nightmare.

So... once I get my crap together and get the Synopsis done, I will put a Coming Soon sign up here and stick it to the top.


Stay Tuned!

Yes, all your work is left out of the book. Again: This is my Story. Or dare I say, this is My Side.  You can say this is my response to your apology for selling me out.

Hate Me. Isn't that what you said to me "out there in that Desert Cold"?
  "are you scared yet?"






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Away Car

Don't pretend it's such a mystery Think about the place where you first met me We're ridin' in a getaway car Of Men & Maladies Free with Kindle Subscription https://www.amazon.com/Men-Maladies-Lifetime-Endometriosis-ebook/dp/B06ZZHGY92

Love Letter to a Poet

The Guardian, Centurion, the Gestapo of my heart. She inspects all, she watches all, and rarely allows anyone to tread across the front lawn of my Heart’s Home. Her ego is slightly bruised because you snuck in when she was digging thru her purse for that ever elusive cigarette lighter. My Heart sits in her lovely home waiting, knowing there is someone out there capable of touching her soul. Someone not afraid to dive into her world head first, undeterred, un-intimidated. She hides scars, defects, the ugly parts, in a closet at the back of the laundry room. That dark cold room where you usually keep ancient linens and last year’s Christmas napkins. The people who come in and out of this home are sorely disappointed when they find this room, as though it were placed there conspiratorially and deceptively by The Gestapo of My Heart. It is always there, you pass it every time you go into the Laundry Room, which is often in a home like this one. Why would it be necessary to point out t